Amanda is celebrating (with an asterisk) after finishing classes for the semester, and now she has two weeks to finish papers and wrap up finals. She's clearly very excited about it, so please excuse all of the noise from her moving her mic while she's talking.
For the main topic, Tyler and Amanda follow up from last week to talk about posting on the internet, but this time about how it can be colored by professional motives or aspirations. We're all fed the marketer's list of how one "should" use the internet to look appealing to a more professional audience, but do we really want to do that? This segues into the computer science education both hosts received in high school by an eclectic series of teachers, most of whom never signed up to be CS teachers in the first place.
Lastly, we get to the fun things. Tyler talks about his experience playing some fighting games with a coworker, and Amanda details her celebration itinerary after finishing classes.
(Recorded on Monday, November 23, 2020)
- Carl Reinecke – Flute sonata Undine op.167 | Sir James Galway
- LinkedIn will pay $13M for sending those awful emails (2015)
- Tyler's photography on Instagram
- Tyler's photography blog
- Indent Hadouken
- Mortal Kombat 4 on Wikipedia
- Mortal Kombat 4: Scorpion Vs. Sub-Zero
- Street Fighter V on Steam
- King Of Fighters XIV on Steam
- Destiny 2: Bungie Says the Best Endgame Loot is Friendship
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV+